Wednesday 25 January 2012

A Partial Victory ?

Lord Patten Delivered a 'Partial Victory' to bbc Local Radio Listeners...

'In Patten we Trust' and in my own humble opinion the Chair of the bbc trust Lord Patten has indicated clearly to Mark Thompson/David Holdsworth that 'they' must go back to the drawing board and amend their disastrous plans for bbc local radio.

However I'm saddened to say that the bbc trust still expects cuts to local radio & I just wonder if more people had filled out the consultation and the process was made easier would we be celebrating rather than pondering what the future holds for the many stations & shows that I know so many of you enjoy, even love.

Life isn't easy & I know we are all feeling the stresses & strains of cuts to local services in many parts of our lives. We must therefore be pleased that Lord Patten understands what a vital role local radio plays in each of our communities & we must redouble our efforts and ensure that we don't just cross the gain line & land a try (rugby) but we convert that success into a conversion & place the ball firmly between the uprights.

I know I can be a pain at times & I know many of you probably think I'd wish he just stop going on about this issue. Well we came so close to getting the result we all wanted but failed because I didn't get greater numbers to fill out the consultation. This is however a 'Partial Victory' and you should be proud that you gained cross party support in Parliament because the campaign we ran was right, fair & proper.

Over the coming days/weeks I'll be asking you all to contact your elected representatives by email/letter or even phone, it's time to 'GET VOCAL 4 BBC LOCAL' radio & with the second half of the battle about to begin we must ensure we kick 'Delivering Quality First' firmly into touch !

John Kennedy.
'Get Vocal 4 bbc Local'...
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment